Jan Hlaváč, Ph.D.
Date of birth and birthplace:
15.2.1969, Prostějov, Czech Republic,
Citizenship: Czech Republic
Address of institute: Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacký University,
Tř. 17. Listopadu 12, 771 46 Olomouc, Czech Republic.
1987 - 1992 MSc. in analytical chemistry, Faculty of Science, Palacký University Olomouc
1997 Ph.D. in organic chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc
2001 Associated Prof. in organic chemistry, Palacký University Olomouc
1992 May-Áugust Suffolk University, Boston, USA, study stage
1993 May-November Dipartimento di Chimica, Universita di Venezia, Italia. Research under leadership of prof. O. De Lucchi.
1993-1997 Assistant in Department of organic chemistry
1997-2001 Professor assistant in Department of organic chemistry, UP Olomouc
2001- Associated professor in Department of organic chemistry, UP Olomouc
2003- Head of Department of Organic Chemistry, UP Olomouc
Organic synthesis of heterocyclic compounds with potential biological activity (especially quinolones, pyrimidines, triazines).
Development of new synthetic procedures, solid phase synthesis, combinatorial chemistry, modification of solid supports, identification of organic compounds in natural material.
Development of biologically active compounds, finding of new hits, leads optimization, etc.
Publications: > 70 original papers, > 35 conference contributions, 3 book chapters, 7 patents,
- Chemistry of physiologically active compounds; analyses, synthesis and mechanisms of their conversion
MSM 153100013 (1999-2004) – member of research team
- New drugs against serious human diseases
MSM 153100008 (1999-2004) - member of research team
- Study of synthesis and biological activity of 2-aryl-3-hydroxy-4(1H)-quinolinones.
GAČR 203/01/1360 (2001-2003) – one of principle investigators
- Combination of capillary liquid phase separation techniques with mass spectrometry as a tool for metabolic studies and finding new biomarkers of controlled nitrogen compounds. The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons; The Hague, Netherlands; L/ICA/ICB/84366/04; (2004-2007) – one of principle investigators
- Modulation of signal pathways in normal as well as cancer cells.
MSM6198959216 (2005-2011) - one of principle investigators
- Research of new compounds as potential drugs against childhood cancers
(EEA/Norska A/CZ0046/1/0022; (2008-2010) – principle investigators
- Development of collaboration in human resources between academy and industry
OP VK : CZ.1.07/2.3.00/09.0027 ; (2009-2012) – principle investigators
- Research of new compounds with anticancer activity with use of combinatorial chemistry MSMT, KONTAKT ME09057; (2009-2012) – principle investigators
CZ.1.05/2.1.00/01.0030 ) – manager of Medicinal chemistry research program
- Medicine in motion
MPO, FR-TI3/808 (2011 – 2012) – principle investigator of co-applicant.
Supervisor of diploma thesis, tutor for PhD. study.
Basic course of organic practice 1992 – 1999
Stereochemistry of organic compounds 1999 – up to now
Mechanisms of organic reactions 1999 – up to now
Organic chemistry 2 2008 – up to now
Supervisor of bachelor and diploma thesis, tutor for PhD. study.
Czech Chemical Society, The American Chemical Society.